|Friday, Jan. 13, 3:30p||Safety Discussion & Updates|
|Friday, Jan. 20, 2:30p||Lab Clean-up|
|Friday, Jan. 27, 3:30p||Yuehong Zhang|
|Friday, Feb. 10, 3:30p||Yuzhan Li|
|Friday, Feb. 24, 3:30p||Mitch Rock|
|Friday, Mar. 3, 3:30p||Kathryn Mireles|
|Friday, Mar. 24, 4:00p||Jonathan Moore|
|Friday, Mar. 31, 3:30p||Liwei Wang|
|Friday, Apr. 14, 3:30p||Dan Vincent|
- To engage in fundamental and applied research in polymers and polymer composites that is visible (by publishing frequently) and recognized in our field.
- Develop strong collaborations within our own research group and with other research groups at WSU and at other institutions.
- Sustain and grow the research program through external research funding.
- Have a congenial group (have fun).
- Mitch—Safety Officer, Rheometer
- Yuzhan—TMA, slow speed saw
- Kathryn—DSC, TGA
- Liwei—Balances, Rotary Evaporator
Our chemical inventory is posted on Quartzy.
Please update the inventory online whenever a new chemical is added to the lab and whenever a chemical is used up or removed from the lab. If you have trouble accessing the document, please let Dr. Kessler know.
Also, remember to put the date received and the date opened on all chemicals.
Chemical Collection Procedures:
- Proceed to the WSU EHS website (http://ehs.wsu.edu)
- Select hyperlink for Chemical Waste Management
- Click Chemical Waste
- Select Online Chemical Collection Request
- Fill out form as appropriate to chemical waste and location
Policies and instructions regarding chemical waste can be found at the Chemical Waste Disposal site
You can also watch instructional videos on using these instrument on our YouTube channel.
- Report from July 2, 2014 Explosion in ETRL 322 — A near miss accident resulting from incompatible chemical waste being combined in one glass bottle.
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories — American Chemical Society Publication
- Peroxide Forming Materials— Peroxide forming chemicals can explode, causing death or serious injury.
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory (Large PDF file ~30MB) — Great book from the National Research Council of The National Academies on the Handling and Management of Chemical Hazards, 2011.
- Laboratory Safety Seminar by EH&S on 1/12/17 (Large PDF file ~20MB)
- Glove Compatibility: Chemical Resistance Guide.